Re: OT:guitar-X-s/pdif

At 6:35 PM +0200 10/4/07, Raul Bonell wrote:
>may somebody recommend me a cheap/clean way to convert directly
>the output of my guitar into the s/pdif input of a laptop?

BTW, you didn't specify: do you need coax or optical S/PDIF (or does
it not matter)?

Take a look at the Behringer V-Verb.  Musician's Fiend [sic] is doing
a special on them right now for $99:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-VVERB-PRO-REV2496-Reverb-Modeling-Processor?sku=182490

I only recently grabbed one, but it seems like a nice reverb/delay
unit.  Not to mention it has both AES/EBU XLR and TOSLINK built into
the back (you can elect to send S/PDIF out the XLR's too, IIRC).  If
you need co-ax, I believe there's a wiring hack that let's you use
XLR into RCA-type co-ax jacks.  It's been a while since I found that
one out on the net, though, so you may need to do a Google for it.

And, if you want a kickass delay pedal with a built in Looper thrown
in extra, the Yamaha UD-Stomp has co-ax S/PDIF built into it.  That
one's going to set you back a little, as their value on Ebay has held
(or even increased) since they were discontinued, though.  However,
it does get us back on topic by a little.  ;)

        --m.
--
_____
"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."