Re: EDP/fcb1010

feedBKCont was set at 1....i changed it to 127.....still the same results
all 7 gibson pedal button functions are set to midi channel 1
all programmed fcb functions related to the plex 7 buttons are set to channel 1
all other fcb functions are set to channel 25.....ahhhhhhhhh .....as i visualize what i write ....it occurs to me ......the plex only has 16 channels doesnt it ? so i changed to numbers the plex would understand ....channel 15 it was ....finiky lil beast isn it?
and now it works like a charm....or as it is supposed to....
thanks man ...you saved me hours of frustration i am sure....

andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
it would seem that the fcb1010 is sending some extra command.
put all the unused fcb functions onto a different midi channel

probably it's setting feedback to 0, in which case changing the
FeedBKCont param should be a quick fix

andy butler
(tired now, more help if you need it later)

richard gryffin wrote:
> I have encountered a problem controlling my EDP with an fcb1010 midi
> controller. I used the PC editor as suggested to program the
> fcb1010 and after the third try with sysex send.... got
> control of the plex....not too bad for a newbie. I have started with the
> basic
> 7 footswitch commands and they all initiate when pressed. The
> problem I am having is this:
>
> I power on and record the first loop....no problems and all functions
> available thru the pedal and EDP...everything works as it should until I
> reset record on the EDP using the midi foot controller or
> the front panel and start a new loop.... it plays only one cycle of the
> loop and then stops. I have reset the EDP to factory defaults to
> make sure i havent inadvertantly changed a paramater... . then i also
> discovered you have to reset the echoplex presets....
> thru further experimentation i have found that apparently the
> initial use of the midi controller changes a preset parameter in the
> echoplex after the first loop..which one i cant figure ....i have
> established this by resetting the presets after disconnecting the
> fcb1010 and using the echoplex footswitch.. once i do this everything
> is back to normal with the plex...as long as i use the the gibson
> pedal....when i go back to the midi pedal the problem comes back...what
> plex paramater will stop the loop after one cycle? and how is the midi
> pedal changing the plex paramaters / presets when all i have programmed
> in the pedal are note ons for the echoplex 7 front panel buttons?
>
> i know im a newbie but i have scoured the files and see nothing
> related to this so....any help sent my way will be greatly
> appreciated
>

> */firehawks/*

> Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places
> on
> Yahoo! Travel.

firehawks

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!