Re: Gordius Midi Pedal.

midifriedchicken@comcast.net wrote:
> Since switching to a laptop for all signal processing, looping and
> mixing, I echo Krispen's need for "smallness".  It actually becomes
> somewhat of a compulsion. Which is completely the opposite mindset of my
> previous 25 years of experience.
> The FCB is in fact big. I see the Gordius unit, and it looks solid and
> compact.
> Has anyone used one of these? Are the buttons loud? Can you rest your
> foot on a button without activating it?
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
> Regards,
> MFC

I don't have it as yet, but will later.  It's one feature laden little
box!  It's design and choise of buttons also makes it a candidate for
desktop or keyboard rig applications, if foot operation isn't desired.

I've done some work with Xavier at http://gordius.be on a rack version,
that is, adding ideas on feature set, intended use, commenting manuals
et al..  It started because I was tired of programming floorboards with
my toes and wanted a rackmount controller.
Being firmware updatable via USB is real nice WRT future feature sets.
Xavier keeps an open approach to costumer ideas (though very busy ATM)
BTW, he also made the well known UnO firmware for the FCB1010.

The half-space rack version, which will hit the market at a later time,
will host the same features as the Little Gordius Module. Having no
buttons, it's designed as a host for one or two FCB1010 boards.
Any button may be assigned to one's desire.

I resently had a poll on MIDI floorboard features on the Adadepot,
mostly for guitar players (also posted on some newsgroups), where I
outlined some of it's features:
  http://www.adadepot.com/forum/index.php/topic,8768.msg68872.html#msg68872

Sorry I wasn't signed up in here at that time..

--
rgds,
van Sinn