Re: Drum Machine emergency

Niall Munnelly was like:
> What drum machine did you acquire, I ask you?

The old drum machine was a Boss DR-660. The new one is a DR-770.

The advantages are
--I can build more drum kits in the new one. 128 total instead of 36.
--The drum samples are more hi-fi. (Actually, I'm not sure if that's a
real advantage for what I do.) The cymbal/hi-hat sounds are much more
realistic.
--New sounds like tabla and gongs.
--4 different 'bass' sounds, if that's what you're into.

Downsides:
--some of the useful subtle samples like 'finger snaps' are replaced
by silly ones like "tape rewind" and "bel biv davoe horn stab",
--The "play patterns" button is right next to the drumroll button. So
if i'm slighty clumsy it will change the drumkit and start playing
cheesy rhythms rather than giving me the drumroll sound I want.
--My favorite sound, the TR-808 tom "boop" sound, doesn't have as long
of a decay as it used to.

I don't think I can ever upgrade to the snazzy DR-880 because it
doesn't appear to have a drumroll button.

In other news, there's a new mp3 "fly in mouth" on my myspace page.
www.myspace.com/mattdavignon. That's with the old drum machine. I have
to figure out my new Edirol R-09 recorder before I post any newer
ones.

Looking forward to meeting many of you (for the first time or again)
at Y2k7 this weekend. I'm petsitting this weekend so I won't be able
to stay as long as normal.

Matt Davignon
www.ribosomemusic.com