Re: Expression vs Vol pedal for midi control

Krispen Hartung wrote:
>> That's misleading.
>> Sure, in Max you can compensate for a mis-matched pedal.
>> (with some loss of definition)
>> ...but a midi-controller, of FX unit needs a pedal with
>> the correct spec.
>
> Not sure I follow you. Why do you think there would be loss of
> definition? If anything I have more, because I am not limited to 0-127,
> but I can take a continuous amp change (down to as many decimal points
> as I desire) and convert that into any range I like, mapped to an
> express pedal.

Quite so, but wasn't the original question to do with the suitability as
a regular expression pedal? As a Max (or Bidule) specific solution
it looks very neat if you can afford the audio channels.

The only problem I can see with your approach is that in removing elements
of the sine frequency to stop them modulating the control signal end up
with a delay in the control signal, but then a rough 128 step controller
also needs filtering.
What frequency do you use?

andy