Re: Scripting/Command Chaining in the Max/MSP Kaiser Looper

Per, I can elaborate with a specific scenario of what I'm planning to do.

1. I record a 20 second loop (just free note and chordal improv)
2. I hit the play button to playback the recorded loop
3. At the same time, or anytime during playback, I hit a new button on my
MIDI controller that triggers a gradual pitch (and speed) change to the
recorded loop
4. The max objects that initiate the pitch change will have a fixed
pre-set
that determines the starting pitch, the ending pitch, and the time it
takes
to go from this start pitch to end pitch; for example, right now it is set
to start at normal speed ("1" in the max object), and gradually change the
pitch of the loop to -.02 in reverse (that is very, very slow and low...it
sounds amazing).
5. However, I hook up my expression pedals to two inlets in the object
(~line) that determines the start pitch, end pitch, and duration times,
such
that with one pedal I control the ending pitch (or it could be beginning),
and the other pedal controls the time it takes for the pitch change from
beginnnig to end point to occur).

I could change the function so that the pitch starts from -0.2 (very low
and
in reverse) moves gradually to 1 (normal speed), and then continues in
forward at amost a standstill, to as high as I want (let's say 20 octaves
above initial pitch?).  I could change the values with my expression
pedals
and hit the button again, to re-trigger the continuous pitch change with
the
new values.

Kris