Re:What would it take?(wasRe: RC-50 and Speed Control)

> if there was only someone outhere that would take it
> into his own and do upgrades for the RC-50(like Bob
> sellon did witth lexicons jaman) this could be an
> amazing floor looper...its too bad so many promising
> devices get left out unfinished!

I agree. The point is that Roland/Boss have all the technology on the
shelve. For example: perfect pitch transposing/time stretching can be
found in the Roland Varios and V-Synth (I own one). Boss DD-20: excellent
delay's with feedback control. If they would add that to the RC-50. Price
tag: the current RC-50 costs $500, so $600-700 for an enhanced version
should be possible imo :)

> from what ive read so far so far the following are
> missing or are proving disatisfactory:
> feedback
> Pitch transposing
> time stretching
> replace
> sync fix
> multiple loops playing at once
> next loop
> multiple undo
> multiply
> cut and paste

Little correction: it has a replace function. Feedback and multiply can be
done using the aux-in, you can play multiple loops at once, synced or
unsynced, different loop lengths. Btw: I don't consider all these options
as "necessary", I could live without multiple undo, cut and paste

Sjaak

---
Scarlet One, ADSL 6 Mbps + Telefonie, vanaf EUR 29,95...
http://www.scarlet.be/