Re: Logelloop multitrack realtime audio looper for MAC OS 10.4and 10.5

At 10:55 AM +0100 12/30/07, Philippe ollivier wrote:

>The 2048 sample lag is necessary with the algorithm we use to pitch the
>sound.
>We choose the better sound quality everywhere in logelloop and in
>this case good quality often says "non realtime".
>
>Yes we are working on eliminating this lag, but i can't promise a
>release date.

I understand.  This is obviously still a very early stage in the
product, and I certainly appreciate the emphasis on quality.  I was
merely a bit concerned that this latency might be a permanent thing.

A couple of quick follow-ups: I noticed upon re-reading the
description that the docs state that, "TIME and PITCH functions
introduce a latency of 2048 samples...".  But they don't mention that
the SPEED parameter is subject to this.  Does that mean that the lag
only affects instances where you are manipulating time and pitch
independently of each other?

Many of us are used to "tape style" time/pitch-shift by now.  While
independent control of time and pitch (ala the Repeater) is certainly
very(!) cool, I think that if the Speed function were latency free,
it might be possible to get by until the Time and Pitch lag is
resolved.

I noticed there's not a real Feedback parameter, but I'm a little
confused with Auto-Fade.  Does Auto-Fade take effect on a per-track
or per-loop basis?  If on a per-track basis, might it be possible to
use Auto-Fade as a Feedback function?  Failing that, could you use
the Delay effect to do true Feedback-enabled looping and still have
first-loop capability?  Alternately, could a Macro be used to
gradually lower the volume of each individual track once they're
closed, somewhat imitating Feedback functionality?

Is there a way to use two of the "built in" effects simultaneously
(for instance, Convo or Granulateurre feeding into Delay)?  I'm not
seeing an obvious way to do that, but I may be missing something.

Any plans for AU compatibility?  Also, has anybody yet tried loading
in a Bidule Group or Reaktor Ensemble to get a larger, more complex
effect chain (as opposed to only two auxes)?  If so, what kind of
latency have they experienced?

Sorry to "grill" you like this, Philippe.  I wouldn't be firing off
so many questions if it didn't look like an interesting product,
though.  :)

Thanks!

        --m.
--
_____
"Image is blasphemy. Text is heresy. The spoken word is a lie."