Re: What will become of the Repeater pitch stretching techology, I wonder

On Feb 16, 2008 7:44 AM, Ian Petersen <iep@mail.dk> wrote:

> > Ableton Live, Serato, Celemony Melodyne, Acid,
> > Apple, Pro Tools... They are all excellent tools for producing
> > recorded music, but since they are not real-time there's not much in
> > there for live looping.
>
> Sensomusic's Usine (www.sensomusic.com) is a DAW designed for live
> looping. It contains loopers, pitch-shifters, bit-crushers and other fun
> things. You might find something you like there. I coulnd't say whether
> you could build a Repeater emulation in Usine, though. I have a feeling
> you could get close.
>
>    Ian

I read up on Usine and it seems very interesting. Somewhere in between
Numerology and Bidule. Thank you for hinting! But it only runs on
Windows, which I think is not very "future proof" for me in
experimental music, since I already use too many great OS X tools.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)