Upwards pitch shift (Was Re: qualities of reverb OT)

I'm disappointed to hear this. One of the wishes I've never gotten
around to fulfilling is a good clean octave-up effect. I especially
like the Henry Kaiser/Nels Cline trick of shifting up an octave, then
rhythmically bypassing the effect. I don't know what Henry Kaiser
used, but I saw video of him doing it in the early 80's so I'm
guessing an Eventide. Nels uses one of the original Digitech Whammies,
which seems to track very well (and he plays so fast it'd be obvious
if there was a lag), but they're very pricey and bulky, so I was
hoping the microPOG would fit the bill. So is there actually some
delay in the octave up? And it's unusably flat...?

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com