Upwards pitch shift (Was Re: qualities of reverb OT)

i've never seen early 80's vid of henry kaiser, but i have his early 90's eclectic electric and his dvd: a bunch of guitar solos...and his pitch shifting is an eventide unit (h3000something). and i have a # of cds of his, and he uses it quite a bit.

i'm not as familiar w/ nels cline setup-guess i'll need to reread the articles on him that i've saved....but if he uses a digitech whammy....

a cheap option is the digitech rp150 unit (which is the upgrade of the old rp100-both of which i've had).
the unit is cheap-100$, and has its +/- 's but for whammying i like the rp150. what i like is that the digitech rp150 can be on my table top (where i keep all my effects- i like them in hand range)--and it allows passive volume pedal to be on floor to use as whammy or volume pedal-(my rogue pedal is iffy at times on this, was great when it was new)-or wah pedal (i actually like the wah sound, my old dunlap pedal never sounded great, but many don't like the digital wahs).
but i think the rp150 units is very good for the whammy sounds (think morello, et al who've used it), much cheaper than the standard unit-the standard unit probably has some ups to it (metal and all), but i think the rp unit is decent for what it does, and hey, it does have 5 sec of delay on it, which i use a lot lately...
s---