Second Life as a Paying Venue

Thanks, Todd ...

Yes, Second Life CAN actually be a good regular gig and can provide a
few extra hundred bucks per month for playing while wearing your
pajamas, not smelling like stale beer and smoke when you finish and
not having to worry about lugging your gear up 4 flights of stairs or
having it ripped off from your car.

But it's like any other gig in that you have to take it seriously and
work hard at giving your best to the audience.

Last year I think I did over 200 concerts; this year, I've scaled back
considerably, but only because I have some real life projects that are
keeping my hands full. I have a regular monthly concert series that I
am doing this year at one particular venue (Bibi's Sky Castle, for the
cognescenti!) and will probably add a couple of extra performances
through the rest of the year.

There are not many folks who are self-professed Loopers performing in
SL; don't know why and maybe it isn't important.

But if you want to share your music and are willling to spending some
time developing a highly appreciative audience, then you should
consider it. It always amazes me to see the spikes in downloads and CD
sales after each performance, with more of them coming from Europe and
the UK than the US ... what is it they say about a prophet not being
appreciated in their own land?

If you do sign on to Second Life, feel free to drop me a notecard (the
IMs get capped regularly) ... look for AldoManutio Abruzzo ...

Best you all,

~~D.