OT: bad news, good news, bad news

Bad news... someone broke into my house and stole all my cameras. :(

Good news... none of my musical equipment was taken.  Cops said it's kids looking for small untraceable stuff.  I guess cameras are easy.  Guitars are not.

Bad news... my video camera was a Sony Digital8 which is a dead format and nobody makes D8 cameras anymore.  I've already started the E-Bay watch so I can at least get something I can transfer all my old tapes from.  What are people's thoughts on the 'new' video formats?  HDD?  DVD? MemStick?

--
-==-=-=-
Tony