AW: Reverse Delays - how do they work?

> Interesting topic. I currently use a TC D2 in my live setup
> but it's not easy to understand how to program and control
> the reverse delay. The D2 sounds completely different than
> the DD20 which I also have. But according to the manual, it

This is what I was trying to hint at, yes. With, say, a normal delay
effect,
you may have more features in one unit, and one might add some artifacts,
but apart from that (and with the same feature set in use), they all sound
more or less the same. With the reverse delays, it's different. The D2 has
also been somewhat statistical to me in that regard. I remember that live
performance in Desenzano, Italy (Hi Luca!) when at the end of the
performance the D2 took a short snippet of singing and reassembled it,
reversing and repeating some short segments, in a way that sounded
very...otherwordly. Definitely hadn't intended that!

And as Andy mentioned, the SMM w/ Hazari's version has that great feature
that in one of the reverse modes, you manually control reverse playback -
but then, you can't do loops because you'd need that footswitch for it :(

        Rainer