Re: Why SHOULDN'T musicians be paid?

Personally, and being totally ignorant of what this thread has been doing,
think society's socio-economic mapping of artists and educators on the
scale
of monetary compensation is completely inverted and backwards. If
worthwhile
and genuine "creative human spirit" effort is in any way quantifiable (the
key assumption here), I think artists and educators should be getting paid
at least 20X the average of what they get paid now...and I don't mean the
rich rock stars of the world, but the folks on the street working their
assess off and producing really great and creative art.   Somehow, I my
ideal vision of how econony should have evolved over the last few thousand
years, implies that artists and educators are rewarded to a greater degree
than other professions.  They should be the crown jewels of our human
culture, the representation of what being human is all about.

Who do I need to talk to get this changed? :)  Let's give everyone a 2000%
raise.

Kris