Re: RC-50

> Hi there Scott,
> I have an RC-50.  It is no longer my primary looper, because my
> style has changed somewhat. But I do employ it. Are you considering
> getting one, or are you looking for ideas of how to use an RC-50 you
> already have?

I've already got one.  It's my first foray into hardware-based looping.

> change audio tempo on the fly (albeit with aliasing)

The aliasing sounds good if you deliberately want your samples to
sound like crap :)

> Although it has no feedback control, there is a fellow around the
> list here (a European fellow) who figured out an interesting
> workaround, which you can find with an archive search.

Interesting.  I'll do this.

> If you haven't bought one yet, please research the glitch. i know
> you want to accentuate the positive, but the "glitch" and the sorry
> "fix" that Roland botched is what drove me to use it far less.
> Depending on your style, the glitch could be no big deal, or it
> could be a deal breaker. But please please please, for the love of
> all that is good and holy, PLEASE, try before you buy.

I just play bass over the audio gap.  It's no big deal.

Scott
--
"However, faced with a fixed set of options, you are forced to employ
those special, mystical powers — imagination and creativity."