Re: RC-50

Glad to see so many people are making good use of the RC-50. :)

I'd be careful with the suggestion "try it out in the shop before you buy
it". What I've seen on this forum is that people try it with the wrong
settings and then report "horrible latency" or that sort of thing - which
is plainly wrong.
Often they set the TEMPO SYNC when they shoulnd't. Some common sense use
is often to set:
- SINGLE MODE: no TEMPO SYNC (each PHRASE=loop has it's own tempo)
- MULTI MODE: with TEMPO SYNC
I never use LOOP SYNC at all.

It works really great, but you need to get the basics straight.
Sjaak did a great job for describing some basics on his webpage:
http://home.scarlet.be/gare-d-anvers/sjaak/rc50.htm

Another way I've now started using the RC-50 is for song writing
collaboration:
So, a friend of mine prepares some song parts and sends them to me as
WAVs. I put them on the RC-50 via USB and play them in SINGLE MODE (again,
make sure TEMPO SYNC is off).
When we sit together, we're able to jam and try out the different parts
along with the RC-50.
Very productive :)

I also find myself more and more triggering the RC-50 for sketching some
new ideas rather than turning on the computer with DAW recording.

Other than that, I mostly use:
- mostly MULTI MODE for solo play or where I set the basic rhythm
- SINGLE MODE when playing freely with other people (free tempo: I just
retrigger the loop constantly)

Anyway, have fun!

Buzap