Re: Announcing electro-music 2008

I was there last year (which is where I met Kevin).

I don't get the outrage - you don't like it,
don't participate. The ticket cost was minimal. It was fun - lots of
interesting people there. I doubt that the organizers were turning
much of a profit. I don't think there was hardly anyone there who
wasn't performing. The space was out in the Philly burbs - no walk-by,
no hip urban environment (or hip beach college town environment) to
speak of. Food is included, although it's pretty spotty - but there is
no place in walking distance to eat. And it's a big space (if it's the
same) - don't know what the rental is, but there is a concert hall, an
addl performance room and an events room, along with a jam room
upstairs. something happening pretty continuously everywhere, it
seemed to me.

Hey, I used to belong to bands where we payed for rehearsal space -
that was about as much "pay to play" as this is, really.