Re: Re: Laptop Audio Interface

> > My own fav is the RME Fireface400
> touching a computer and it is simply cheaper. Now, some say the RME
>FF400 is
> simply the best in that domain, others say it is over-rated and the
> Ultralite is ok.

Hey Buzap,

I'm sorry I can't comment on the Ultralite (the only thing I know about
MOTU is that I'm pissed at them for currently not manufacturing their MIDI
Express XT).

Regarding RME (I have two of their interfaces myself): The beautiful thing
about their stuff is that these are basically no-brainer designs: the
interfaces work (as opposed to, say, Presonus, which create problems with
Hitachi Firewire chipsets), the drivers work (as opposed to TC
Electronic), drivers are readily available for 64-bit Windows, also for
their older interface designs (which for those who need it really creates
some unique customer value), and the audio quality is always ok. Btw,
they're the only interfaces which pass the so-called Kaisertest (a test
for audio interfaces which among other things focuses a lot on crosstalk).

Summarizing: the RME will always work. Other interfaces may be cheaper,
but then they may not work properly.

          Rainer