Slightly OT but still Experiemental: Fwd: Tom is playing in an intriguing show this Saturday (involving snails)

Folks this is a gig here in NY that sounds pretty cool.  It's a show my violin teacher is doing with a prepared keyboard artist and snails, thought it was worth sharing to this community...

Jim

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Swafford <tswaf@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:58 AM
Subject: Tom is playing in an intriguing show this Saturday (involving snails)
To: tswaf@hotmail.com

Hello Everyone

I'm playing with an interesting composer/musician from the Bay Area this Saturday in Brooklyn.  Eric is also performing a solo set on Sunday.

Announcing two concerts this weekend in Brooklyn:

Saturday, July 12, 2008, 8pm:

Eric Glick Rieman (Berkeley, CA) in a rare East Coast performance on his modified and prepared Rhodes electric piano. The performance includes a trio premiere of "Snail Road House" a score created in collaboration with snails. [ This is for real. One of my snails is very interested in the project! ed.]
Glick Rieman is joined by Shayna Dulberger (acoustic bass, of Stars like Fleas, The Young Equestrians, and many other groups) and Tom Swafford (violin, of the Emergency String Quartet.)

Listen/Space
195 Skillman Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11211

Sunday, July 13, 8pm
Eric Glick Rieman performs solo on prepared and modified Rhodes electric piano.

"Rieman's instrument looks like a post-apocalyptic Rhodes piano; some of its insides are removed and sitting next to it, and it has all sorts of foreign objects crammed into it like shrapnel — with strategically placed microphones to capture the various sounds of it all. … The range of colors that
he got out of this instrument was astonishing…"

-Jonathan Russell, Professor of Musicianship, San Francisco Conservatory of Music, writing in San Francisco Classical Voice, Issue 8/18-25/05
Review of the San Francisco Electronic Music Festival, 2005

Unnameable Books
456 Bergen St.
Brooklyn, NY
11217