Interactive Looping with Crowd

Today I played at Boise's City Market....about 1000 people milling around a street of 4 blocks. Rather than doing my typical jazz/contemporary, appealing to about 80% of the common public act, I went out to the deep end, brought my max/msp system, a weird sound found devise created by Joe Rut (iron rods, music box chimes, springs, guitar strings, etc, attached to a metal block and melded to a guitar pickup),  and played very free and outside on the guitar. I got more response from folks.  I even had children playing the Joe Rut Machine at some points in time.

....so, my next performance there in August, I plan to set out a few tables and lay out 4-5 found sound devises, and write a special max/msp path that randomly processes each one separately.  I'm thinking the Joe Rut machine and my bird call player (small hand held devise that comes with 10 or so cards that you insert to play all sorts of bird calls).  Any other ideas?

Kris