Re: DigiTech Harmonizer Vocalist 2 vs. 4?

   I haven't had the chance to A/B both, but I own the Digitech Studio
Vocalist EX, which is amazingly cool btw, and I know that IVL is
responsible for the actual harmonizer sections of both the Studio
Vocalist EX and the TC Helicon VoicePrism and VoicePrism+.  (not sure
about the Voice Works, but I'd assume same)

   One diff between the Studio Vocalist EX and the Prism is that the
EX also does pitch correction on the dry signal, whereas the Prism
does not.  However, the Prism+ has a whole host of other vocal
modeling capabilities which the EX does not.
   Also, (supposedly) the Prism does not have the ability (as the EX
does) of allowing midi data in a limited range to effect the input
pitch in a much wider range.  I.E.  if one only has a one octave
keyboard, one could play chords while singing in a completely
different octave and the harmonized pitches would still fall within an
octave of the sung pitch, rather than be the actual midi notes
generated from the keyboard.

HTH and have a great evening!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Jul 13, 2008, at 8:35 PM, Jeff Shirkey wrote:

> Has anyone compared the Digitech vocalist stuff to TC-Helicon's
> offerings (Voiceworks, Voiceworks Plus, etc.)?
>
> Just curious if the TC-Helicon is worth the extra $$ or not.
>
> Jeff

---
View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn