Re: DigiTech Harmonizer Vocalist 2 vs. 4?

I have the Vocalist Live 4 and it is indeed very easy to use.  The 2
has only 2 voices of harmony, the 4 has up to 4 (go figure).  The
thing I liked most about the 4 though was the ability to save presets.

I haven't used the 2 but from the picture it looks like tweaking it
with the grid of dedicated buttons might be slightly easier than the
4's matrix of parameter LEDs and knobs. But compared to a lot of other
gear the 4 is still very easy to use and I couldn't live without
presets.

The thing I found disappointing about both the 2 and 4 is that there
is no MIDI input for sending chord voicings with a keyboard
controller, it only works with a guitar input.  The guitar input works
*VERY* well, I was completely blown away by how well it tracks.  But
if you're trying to duplicate something like Imogen's "Hide and Seek"
you'll have trouble getting the exact chord voicings.

I you just want to play guitar, sing, and sound like a bad Eagles
cover band :-) this thing is wicked fun.

If you want more control over chord voicings you might be happier with
the rack mount version that offers MIDI input.

Jeff