Re: Jamman v Boss/self-promotion/new work

As stated below from Denniss HC link:

>"For one, as the previous user reports, the external MIDI syncing and
>quantization is well, kinda >screwy. Just try creating a new loop on the
>fly with this thing as a slave device. After you record, the >loop
>"wooshes" and sounds like it is struggling to find the correct tempo."

With the software update this has not been the case. I mostly run it as
slave when syncing to my drum box (Boss DR 670) It locks in perfectly
solid
right off the bat when quantized.
>From the upgrade notes:

"QUANTIZED LOOPING WHEN 2880 IS MIDI CLOCK SLAVE
When the 2880 has EXT. CLOCK enabled and is therefore the MIDI Clock slave
to another device, a fix has been made when Quantize mode is ON. If your
MIDI master is continually sending MIDI Clock with MIDI Song Position
Pointer data, the 2880 will read the MIDI SPP data and always start
recording its loop on beat 1, as long as Quantize is set to on. It will
also
always end the loop recording on beat 1 of a bar so that the loop lengths
are always x number of bars in length. This allows the user to more easily
make loops that will be in sync with their MIDI master.

Normally when the 2880 is the MIDI master and using Quantize mode, the
2880
will give a 4-beat count-in before recording a loop. The 2880 now will
give
a count-in based on the beat of the MIDI master. If you press the record
button on the 2880 when the master is on beat 2 of a bar, the 2880 will
begin its count-in on beat 2 so your count-in will consist of beats 2, 3
and
4, then start recording on the next beat 1."

The only issue of course that half speed does not work in slave sync. Its
good solid master also.

The 6 button footswitch is for me essential. I would like to try a good
midi
unit for individual track mute and other cool functions but I already have
to much stuff on the floor.

The first 3 tunes on my homepage are some excerpts of my early experiments
with a drum box as master setup.

http://www.thisphase.org/tunes/Lucid%20Nonsense.mp3

http://www.thisphase.org/tunes/Lapsed%20Pacifist.mp3

http://www.thisphase.org/tunes/Kiss%20This%20Then.mp3

Sorry for the ramble..just got off work, good night!

Jeff