Re: CT-Collective "Bugs"!

( I just now dialed in on this thread, so if the below has already
been mentioned, please forgive my doing so.)

Graeme Revell (SPK)  used this same concept to make a brilliant album
back in 1986 entitled "The Insect Musicians".

He spent around 2 years traveling over much of the planet recording
various insect sounds (or "songs"), and later a full year was devoted
to sampling these recordings and processing the sounds to create the
sound of "new musical instruments", using the early Fairlight
Computer Musical Instrument, and then afterwards writing and
recording the musical compositions.  The album was available on both
LP and CD.   It may(?) still be around, so a search would be worth a
try, at least.
It has long been one of my more favorite albums. Good luck in finding
it. It is WORTH IT!  And yes, there is also some loopage involved. :-)

All the best,
-Rev.Fever
Portland,OR