Re: syncing an EDP to an RC-50

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de> wrote:
> is it possible to time-sync an EDP to an RC-50?  I'll do a gig with a
> percussionist who loops with an RC-50 and it would be cool if I could
>play
> basslines and such into my EDP, synced to the rhythms coming from the
>RC-50.

I won't say anything about the technical options, since I guess there
might be some way to fix it with CV gate pulse or whatever, but I can
suggest trying "musical sync by ear". The EDP is especially good for
that. Simply kick the Record pedal on a downbeat, play something and
kick Record again at the correct timing. The longer loop you catch
this way, the longer it will stay "synced".

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)