Re: What would loopers do without power?

Hi all,

I guess I'd do what I've already been doing every other week or so -
play acoustic slide dobro.

If you've listened to my recorded music it might be a little hard to
imagine.

But a loooooooong time ago I was a sort of Leo Kottke/John Fahey clone
. . . wannabe . . . whatever.

Not a very good one of course, or else I would've stuck with it.

Then I discovered electricity and FX and (over 20 some odd years ago)
looping.

If any of you who have ever seen me play live wondered why I still play
in odd tunings and wear all those funny Edward Scissor-Hands banjo
picks on my fingers - that's why.

It's sort of a hold-over.

Because of my bi-weekly dobro gigs this past year I have gotten much,
much better at it (solo acoustic slide guitar ) than ever I was way
back when.

But I have always been able to play solo to a certain extent . . . even
before I looped.

I was a solo player before I was anything else.

Looping just took it to other places and levels that I would have never
gotten to otherwise.

It helped me stop being a clone or wannabe, it helped me be myself.

Cheers,

Ted Killian