Re: Do you actually loop with the instrument you are most proficient on? (Re: What would loopers do without power?)

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 5:27 AM, Mech <mech@m3ch.net> wrote:

> Which leads to the question, "do you actually loop with the instrument you
> are most proficient on?  Why or why not?"

Yes and no,  I'm proficient (some might say) on guitar and while I loop with it, I don't loop 'traditional' guitar playing.  i.e. loop a chord sequence, solo over, etc.  I make noise using the guitar as a sound source or to trigger a synth, loop it through delays and weird fx and make weirder noise. I also like to loop (keyboard) synths which I'm not even close to being profecient at.  Again, they are just noisemakers for me. :)  I guess I look loopers and delays as an instrument in itself, not so much a way to be able to layer stuff.  Does that make sense?  Though I do occasionally do that.  I prefer to make noise. :)

--
-==-=-=-
Tony