Re: Do you actually loop with the instrument you are most proficient on? (Re: What would loopers do without power?)

This is somewhat akin to Trey Gunn intentionally tuning his Warr guitar in such a way as to never have 'reflexive' blues notes 'available' to his muscle memory, as he finds the patterns thereof too 'cliched'. (Mind you, I'm paraphrasing. I think he said that he thinks 'Blues sucks' or something like that.)

He made up his mind to never play one single note that
"lives in his fingers".

--
"The Universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent to the concerns of such creatures as we." - Carl Sagan, from "Cosmos"