Re: Do you actually loop with the instrument you are most proficient on? (Re: What would loopers do without power?)

Taking up a new instrument to avoid the cliches of your playing on a current instrument just results in cliches on a new instrument, usually played slower than previously.  It takes a while to recognize them, but cliched playing is the fault of the musician, not the instrument.