Re: Do you actually loop with the instrument you are most proficient on? (Re: What would loopers do without power?)

I'm not saying you'll transfer the cliches from the old instrument to the new one, but for any instrument there are things that are easy to do, and those are the things that will become the new cliches.  They'll just sound different from the ones you've been foisting off on your audience with the old instrument.  When people change tunings on a guitar, for instance, they often carry over the same muscle movements and if those movements don't sound "bad" in the new tuning, they keep them in the their "new" playing, sometimes unintentionally.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Travis Hartnett
<travishartnett@gmail.com> wrote:
> Taking up a new instrument to avoid the cliches of your playing on a current
> instrument just results in cliches on a new instrument, usually played
> slower than previously.

If that happens, the cliches do live in your head and not in your
muscles - as I was talking of.