PLEASE HELP !!!!

I have an upcoming show and would really like to sync my echoplex digital pro plus with a Dr. Rythym drum machine and i cannot figure how to run it smoothly i have the sync set to IN, and the Quantize set to 8ths, and the 8ths cycle set to 16ths. But it always after about a minute or so begins to fall apart and sound horrible i can sync to my computer just fine and stay in rythym but the drum machine never works for long. Is it possibly a broken drum machine or broken echoplex or even a bad midi cable i dont understand please help?