Re: Do you actually loop with the instrument you are most proficient on? (Re: What would loopers do without power?)

This may be a bit of a cop out but...

The phrase comes to mind..."Whatever blows wind up your skirt."

In other words, some of us felt the need to switch instruments. THATs WHAT WORKED FOR US. If YOU develop techniques that don't require that, then awesome. That's excellent.

But for me, after playing the blues scales, and certain chord progressions, and HEARING the guitar in just such a way for my whole life, it was a huge struggle to play something really, really new.

Also, keep in mind that Mr. Per and I ( and some others) were also looking for different sounds. And the synth did that for me. We all must pursue the paths we discover!