Re: Looping Strategies

Regarding ending songs and other texturing... Having multiple
echopleaxes, one can fade between them. Actually, if they go through
volume pedals that are right next to one another on the flood, you can
use your foot at an angle to fade ether way, dependin upon which
diagonal your foot is at.

I used to have two for stereo operation and a third mono so I could do
things like take the "initial" loop(s) out of the mix, switch just the
bass line etc etc.the ins/outs could all be swithched around. All the
routing and switching was done with tiny hard-wired high quality RDL
mixers and swithchers.

So, instead of a fade out you can mix-between and morph like a dj. But
it can be difficult.

There are tricks... Let's say the tone and even beat of something you
built the ground work for earlier on EDP 1 but took in a different
direction on EDP 2 (or even if they have no common element) you can do
a fast fade while making a slight-of-hand distractionary noise, like
turning the guitar up, sliding the pick across the fretboard from high
to low and punctuating it with a crack on the free standing cymbol
with the head of your guitar stock.

As long as it starts in rhythmic and tonal parity withthe currently
playing loop the listener's brain will preceive a mix to the new one.

Obviously, that's but one technique for transitioning between certain
types of musical loops that don't neccessarally match. It won't work
for everything and even variations would get old. But there are
others, and one can plan it in from the beginning for even more options.