Re: ebow for piano OT

hi Erdem,

One really nice piano sound is to take a felt hammer, salvaged from a
broken down piano,
and rub it along the length of the string.
This gets the string vibrating longitudinally, which is especially nice if
the sus pedal is down.

Just about any bit of wood rested on the strings can be nice too
(as used by Keith Tippet)

For more ideas, check out John Cage Prepared Piano (full details in score)

or you might like this
http://www.piranhaguitarbow.com/

Then there's the "andy butler special technique" which involves placing a
thumb or
finger on the string at one end, and removing it at just the right speed
as the note
is played. With a bit of practice, it sounds like the note is swelling in.

that's enough from me,
bet there's plenty of other great suggestions on list.

andy butler