Re: ebow for piano

On Jul 29, 2008, at 5:54 AM, Erdem Helvacioglu wrote:

besides the ebow i also pluck the strings inside, put lots of different metals on the strings etc. sustained piano sound with very log reverb setting would not work for me unfortunately.

 what are the different material you use, attach, scrape etc on your instruments? is there any specific material that you would recommend for me to use on the guitar and piano? old californian license plates work very well inside the piano by the way ( bill walker knows what i mean :)

best.

Erdem Helvacioglu
www.erdemhelvacioglu.com
www.myspace.com/erdemhelvacioglu

Your questions led me to think.....what of having a kitten play inside the (open) piano? Not very reasonable/ sensible I suppose, but you could or might get:  plucking and scraping, and some damping of course; all uncontrolled/ unexpected/ unpredictable. It might curl up and do nothing -- blocking off a set of strings....

But with a live video feed to a screen, an audience might enjoy the experiment visually too. Use whatever loopers you prefer......

Then...... you add the mouse......

meowBow......

Cheers --

Scott D.   in WNC