Juan Molina: Y2k8 festival booking possiblities?

Stefan wrote about my statement that Juana Molina was out of our league
for
the
Y2K series of Looping Festivals.

"I don't think so, but she doesn't know our community yet.
 Zoë for example is also a well known international artist in the same
 league (Juana has some similarities with Imogen Heap). But she wouldn't
 hesitate to show by if its possible within her schedule (as she did in
 the past...)"

This is because I gave Zoe her very first live looping gig and took a
chance
on her
obvious and incredible burgeoning talent, Stefan.

At this point in her career, if she didn't know who we were, she would
probably not be able to
take a chance on playing the festival for little or no money just because
it
wouldn't be economically feasible.

She will (and by the way,  hasn't been able to in several years) because
of
her emotional attachement
and history with this community, alone.

Juana, as wonderful as she is,  doesn't have that connection to our
community.

Also,  as excited as I am about Zoe's well deserved success,  she is not
on
the level of
Juana Molina in the world of commercial success.       Juana was the
recipient of the
best CD of the entire year in world music in 2003.  She's not a big star
in
the US but she is
a big star in the Hispanic world.    Trust me,  you do not sell 500
tickets
in San Francisco at
$20 a head unless things are really doing well for you, internationally in
your career.

I've booked major acts all of my life in many different genres and I'm not
green in this world.

Trust me when I tell you that she's out of our league for this festival
with
the extremely limited
funds I have to put it on.

However,   if you can , yourself, convince her to come with
only her transportation covered , which is the best I could possibly do,
then, by all means,
prove me wrong and help me to book her for Y2K8 or Y2K9.
I'd love to have her, but I have to be realistic with such limited
resources.

Yours, with great respect,   Rick