Re: ( Mobius rhythmic accuracy) was: now That First Loop

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 2:24 PM, L.A. Angulo <labaloops@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes Andy that seems to be the case i am going to mess with the
>compensation feature and get back to you guys

I see what you mean now, Luis. Sorry for the "looper can't read your
mind" joke ;-))

I forgot about the latency compensation issue. Over here I set it up
once and for a long time I have not touched it. The way I did it was
to play something really rhythmic, like a funk guitar vamp, and make a
loop by hitting Record -> Record (not Record -> Overdub). Then you
change the value for the compensation until it feels just right; the
looper not skipping over time or loosing time at the moment you step
Record for the second time.

Best is to play the vamp for some seconds before making the loop, so
you will be fully into the groove (musically) and sure to detect any
disturbing error in the timing of the looper.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)