Re: Firewire audio interface recommendations

This is probably above your budget, but I can't recommend it highly enough:

http://www.mhlabs.com/metric_halo/

I bought mine years ago, really stretching my budget at the time, but
I'm glad I did. They make the point on the website that these boxes
are tremendously future-proof, and I would agree with that.

Don't underestimate how useful a few more inputs and outputs can be.
E.g. I use a couple of spare outputs to drive a headphone amp when
playing with other musicians, so the drummer can sync to me. Also it
can be useful if you need to drive more than just one PA - e.g. I
often find myself in places where it's useful to set up 4 outputs -
two mono outputs to two stage monitors, and a stereo pair (carrying a
different mix) to the house PA.

cheers,
os.

--