Re: OT: MacBook buying advice? ("Pimp my RC-50")

thanks for your insightful post, Per :)

You might refer to "snake pit hiss" meaning the hummm on the cables ;-)  -
I'm working on minimizing that ;-))

> building a pre wired floor board that doubles up as a transporting case?
Thought about that, too. But, I think I prefer to keep my setup flexible.
Depending on situation (mono/stereo, mic/instrument...), I need a
different setup. Sometimes I just stuff a MIC, an RC-2 and couple other
things in a backpack. When I just need mono, this saves a lot of cables,
too.

> Ok, so then that is the issue! The convenience factor!
That's just part of it. The benefit of a laptop would be: more flexible
audio routing/fx options/looping with scripts etc.

The crucial question really is:
Is getting the white MacBook my last chance for a decently priced audio
looping Mac in the next 14 months?

best regards
Buzap

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail