re: wood stomp box for bass drum

Kaki King using an Ellis stompbox,  a delay pedal, a pitchshifter and a
looper:

really cool stuff:

http://www.ellisguitars.com/kakiking.html

LUIS's QUESTION ABOUT A TINY HI HAT EQUIVALENT:

...and in answer to Luis' question about a tiny left foot hi hat sound,
what I've done is taken some long strips of velcro and sewed
different textures of jingles (light indian ones ,  heavy pakistani ones),
plastic bottle caps from chinese medicine bottles (very resonant and
every color has a different timbre for variety) and tambourine jingles.

Then take a piece elastic and sew it into a circle that will cling to your
mid foot (over your shoe) or to your calf or ankle and sew
the opposite side of the velcro to it (facing outside, obviously).

Now you have a convertable hi hat -esque sound with different textures
for different sounds.

Alternately you could buy a hi hat extenstion  that several drum companies
sell, that is designed to fit on top of a cymbal stand and a pair of
smallish
hi hats (10" ones sound good and are less expensive);
make your self a small board and drill a hole into it so place the hi
hat extender
inside of it,   then use your foot to hit the hi hat cymbals that are
just barely open.
(it's a thought).

Although my other thought is that what ever you use is going to take up x
amount of floor space anyway so who cares if it is low or high?

Why not just by a cheap hi hat stand (or, worse yet,  steal your son's
hi hat for your
gigs).

Trust me,  people will be impressed if they see you actually playing a
drum (or drums)
with your feet as you play guitar.   It might even be good for theatrics
alone
to even use, gasp!!!!,   a kick drum and a hi hat.

good luck, amigo!