Re: Acapella Loopers

Well, while I'm slowly working on incorporating my own vocal loops live into my sessions... currently I do a combo of taking precorded growls/screams of mine, and much moreso, take live loops of various female vocalists/sound-vocal experimenters (and the occasional indian male, whom I'm supposed to have live samples from soon)... and also other live musicians, be they drummers, keys, guitar (or my own sampling of such instruments and much less normal).... aka, vocally, lots of live samples/working with live (check out "tears in time" from the myspace/website to see a strong vocal sampling example... but 6/10 of the last couple years are songs based off live acapella loops by either wyrd/experimental lasses, my wife's mom singing traditional korean style, or whatever else I run across.....  Hope you guys will take a listen and share some thoughts.  New stuff uploaded in a couple days, or tomorrow, if I'm very productive, or is that today noww?  Damn the snow in the region thaht doesn't usually have it, it skews the mental clock.

Go Portland Oregon?  I think so!

Nevyn Nowhere
http://www.happyhumans.org
http://www.myspace.com/sadmusicforhappyhumans
Sad Music for Happy Humans

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Rainer Straschill <moinsound@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Anyone have any recommendations or self-props?

Stating the obvious here, but there's Kid Beyond (who also played
Rick's festival - I think in 2005?). A looping beatboxer/instrument
imitator - and astounding as that, but I have to admit I prefer his
covers to his originals (here's one originally by Portishead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVusmB-iMEA). He's using Ableton Live,
btw.

Then there's Pushing Air, who also played some of Rick's festivals (I
know for sure about the 06 one, because I had her at the kybermusik
thing).

I seem to remember that David Moss also almost did something like this
- on his duet collaboration album "Time Stories", Heiner Goebbels
samples him.

And of course, there's a lot of vocal work on my next album "Wie groß
ist die Luft ?" - release date December 24th of 2008 ;)

         Rainer