Re: distortion, overdrive,fuzz,crunch,special sauce, secret goo

Quoting Eterogenus <eterogenus@gmail.com>:

> Interesting topic.
> As usual, this kind of discussion can expand to infinity...and it's
> good and interesting to know the different perspectives of other
> musicians.
> As a classical trained pianist, I can understand the matter of things
> Kris is talking about. It has nothing to do with musical taste,
> audience reaction or absolute judgements about this or that "final
> result".

I have enjoyed following this thread.

Sometimes art is reactionary.  For example, it would be possible for
me to hear a set that has a lot of rapid passages and decide that I
want to try to incorporate something similar into my music --- or -- I
may decide to push the opposite direction.

In reading the "distorted vs clean" topic, what came to mind was:

"Loopers unplugged!"

:)