Drones

I wouldn't be that extremist...

I would consider very slowly changing texture a drone too.
Besides, it is somthing I like to do... Like having a same note or chord with plenty of instruments playing it different ways, passing notes one to another resulting in slowly evolving texture.

But you are right :-) you mau be an extremist ;-)

Now you could go as far as changing note after note a chord resulting in something new, after a while....

Olivier