From: Richard Roberts <zeroohms@basicisp.net>
Subject: Re: yamaha vintage synths
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Date: Wednesday, December 24, 2008, 10:29 AM

Okay, I'll confess. I still have - and occasionally record with - an old TX-81Z. I actually got pretty good at programming it despite the limitations of the four-operator system. But sometimes, late at night, after working with it a long time, I could swear every sound it makes sounds like a distorted koto.

Richard Roberts
ZERO OHMS

"We are no longer the same after hearing certain sounds, and this is more the case when we hear organized sounds, sounds organized by another human being: music."
- Karlheinz Stockhausen

"If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC."

- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.