Re: things of sad beauty

This list could surely go on and on...for instrumental music, I find
Metheny's "Secret Story" album to be tremendously moving and sad,
starting about halfway thru. I love it, but can only rarely handle it.
Same with Nels Cline's "Slipped Away", the last piece on his
"Instrumentals". And I literally can't listen to Barber's "Adagio for
Strings" which other people mentioned; beautiful piece, but it kills me.
I hate that it's used indiscriminately in film.

former Cure/Joy Division obsessee,

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com