Re: live 8 has a looper!

Live 8 is announced to hit the street by the second quarter of 2009.
Late spring.

I'm happy to own a Live license back since version 3.0 that I upgraded
through the years whenever there was a cheap campaign offer. We are
many Live users on this list so I bet we should be able to pin down
exactly what Live 8 will offer looping-wise as soon as we can get our
hands on it.

Something else I just found out is that Max For Live is an extension
package you have to buy additionally. If you do that you can open up
audio effects of Live and rework them, even build your own. The demo
video of Max For Live shows how easy it is to remake Live's default
Gain Plug-in into a ring modulator. Wow! I'm not sure I want to go for
Max For Live though, I am poor in an economic sense and I want to stay
rich regarding available time spent on making music. For me and other
list members, that are not looking for new toys but already have our
personal "signature sound" in effect processing (that we use to "look
for new music"), it is a simple matter of just finding out if your
effects and routing demands can be fulfilled by Live 8. Here comes my
point: There will soon enough be an extensive free library of Live 8
add-on stuff created by people that are more into programming than
spending time playing instruments. Some people may even want to
dedicate a lot of time into building Max For Live patches and sell
them to us "players". I totally welcome that future!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com