Re: Steppophonic Looperformer - please steal this!

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Dennis Moser <sinsofmachaut@gmail.com> wrote:
A couple of days ago. I downloaded the Elysium Generative software sequencer and started messing about with it (yesterday I just finished up a "studio" piece, having used Elysium for the basis of developing it). That, combined with Per's manifesto, reminded me of another cool bit of software written by Ohio University's  Mark Phillips,  a little MAX/MSP package called "Wave Surfer".

Cool, thanks for the hints. I'll mark it up to do a check.

What I usually do not like with some generative music software is that they utilize random. My suggested Steppo-thingy doesn't rely a bit on random and I think that is a strong point. It adds some complex processing and since there is no random involved the player is able to learn it as a music instrument. It simply becomes an extension to the human instincts that makes us react in a communicative way to organised sound.

I went back and modified my presentation text thanks the great feedback from you, Dennis - Mark and Andy (so far). Thanks a lot  ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com