Re: loopers hard talk questions and answers

>3.nice but to my ears it sounds lifeless and monotonus

Funny, I feel the same way about most so called 'virtuosos' :-)

I used to be all about those guys, mainly guitar shredders, I'd buy
their books, dvds, try to mimic them... but at some point I grew up
musically and sought something with more substance than just pure
technicality.

I think somewhere in the middle ground is where it's at, anywhere in
the middle ground... but at either edge you have the a purely
technical virtuoso, and at the other the guy that isn't afraid to open
up fully but has no clue how to make a pleasing sound (You know, that
buddy that is a great guy but he bangs on your drum relentlessly until
you have a migraine or picks up your guitar and strums random notes
and wails like dying cat, but he thinks he is rocking out because he
is letting it flow completely). I personally like music that has a
balance of soul (not the genre) and talent.

I think your just not opening your mind if you believe a musical tool
can take away from the quality of music just because it is being used.
The only thing that can take away from the music is.... well... poorly
made music, and that is mostly subjective and can be argued to the end
of time (there is some science behind certain sounds being more
pleasing to people based on how we've evolved, but lets ignore that
and assume it is totally subject for now).

However, I think it is completely objective to say that looping, in
and of itself, does not add or take from the quality of music. Sure,
you can record a short monotonous loop but you can do A LOT more, you
can do anything... Where does it end? Should we not use FX? Should we
only make music with our vocal sounds? I'm not trying to be a smart
ass man (but maybe I'm a natural), lets discuss this stuff, it helps
us all work it out in our heads and have a better understanding of
what is really at the core of music.

-Adam