Re: Question about Syncopath with Sonar

You are quite welcome Brian :)

Hope we can get it working!

Lasse

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:46 PM, BC <compguy2@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi Lasse,

Firstly, thank you very much for your time spent in helping me to solve this.

You are right, both Sonars are essentially identical except for a few features and plugins.

Yes, I am running ASIO. As far as I know, inputs are all configured correctly as I record with Sonar all the time (both audio and midi).

The one thing I DIDN'T do was to click the little audio symbol. I've never had to do that before for anything I've used Sonar for, and I use both dxi and vst effects and also vst and dxi instruments of various types.

I will try that as soon as I get back onto that computer. I'm sure it is something simple like this that I am overlooking, as I am far from an expert.

Again, thanks so much for your help. I will try it and report back to you. I'm sure this exchange between us has the potential to help others on the list.

Gratefully,

Brian

----- Original Message ----- From: Lasse juul Kolding

Hi Brian,

I'm not a Sonar user but from what I can see from the Cakewalk website, Sonar Studio and Sonar Producer should be fairly identical, except that the producer edition has more effects and such.

What I did was also just right-clicking the effects bin on the track and inserting Syncopath.
After arming the track for playback by pressing the little "Audio" symbol everything seemed fine and I made a couple of loops to test it out.
Do other effects that you add on that track do anything audible? It works just like any other audio track effect...

I suppose you are running Sonar on a PC with ASIO drivers?
Maybe there's a problem with the routing of inputs within Sonar?

It's difficult for me to say exactly since it worked immediately here after setting up Sonar with my sound card driver and doing the necessary audio routing to the track.

Lasse